Have you ever tried to hike without the right footwear? If so, you know how important a great pair of hiking boots is. With the right pair, you an meet any obstacles in your path with ease, such as a stream crossing. If you need to hop from rock to rock, you want a waterproof, lightweight shoe with plenty of traction, for example.
Here are some of the major features to look into. You may not need all of these. The goal is to think about the conditions you’ll face on most of your hikes and then buy a pair of shoes that will make your hike much easier. Here’s some more information about the features you should look at for your hiking boots:
- Waterproof. If you frequently hike in muddy or wet conditions, you’ll need a pair of women’s waterproof hiking shoes.
- Seasonality. Make sure your shoe is rated well for the season you’ll be hiking in. If you’re hiking in the winter, for example, you’ll want to make sure your boots are warm enough!
- Weight. How heavy do your shoes need to be? If you’re hiking in the summer with a heavy pack, you’ll need a much different shoe than if your hike has a lot of rocks. The rocky hike, for example, may require a much lighter shoe.
Overall, you want to make sure that you find the right women’s trail hiking shoe for the situation you’ll be in. Here are some of my top picks:
- Patagonia Women’s Vela Hiking Shoe– The Vela hiking shoe is one of Patagonia’s bestselling styles. The lightweight design and durable sole is perfect for most hiking conditions!
- KEEN Women’s Marshall Hiking Shoe – This is a lightweight hiking shoe that’s strong enough to handle any situation.
- Columbia Women’s Redmond Waterproof Trail Shoe – These shoes are both lightweight and waterproof. These shoes are ideal for wet conditions.
- Merrell Women’s Siren Sport 2 Hiking Shoe – These hiking shoes are comfortable and lightweight,which makes you feel nimble on even the mist challenging of hikes.
- Adidas AX 2 Hiking Shoes Womens – These breathable hiking shoes are perfect in warmer weather.
- Merrell Women’s Rockbit Cove Hiking Water Shoe – These water shoes are comfortable, even while wet!
- Salomon Women’s Ellipse Aero Fast Hiking Shoe– These comfortable hiking shoes are perfect for speed!
- Merrell Women’s Azura Hiking Shoe – If you’re looking for an attractive and effective boot, this is it! The lightweight design and beautiful colors are both functional and stylish.
- Oboz Women’s Beartooth BDRY Hiking Shoe – This shoe has plenty of ankle support to make the most challenging conditions a breeze!
- Salomon Women’s XR Mission W Trail Running Shoe – This trail runner can also be worn hiking! In fact, these are the ideal hiking boots for lighter trails, especially if speed is your biggest goal.
You can’t go wrong by choosing any of these shoes. They’re versatile and will help you complete any hike!